Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Award Winner Speech

Yea!!! I've been nominated for a fabulous blog award! Sue over at Sue's Family news nominated me for this! Sue is the sister to Shirley, my second mom. Before Shirley passed I spent most of my time as a member of her family and that included her extended family! I would spend each Sunday after church having lunch at Sue and Shirley's mom's house and I remember many times Melissa and I diving Odon/Cannelburg road to go to Sue's house. I've known Sue for as long as I can remember but haven't been able to see her or talk to her in a long time. Thanks to blogging we've been able to reconnect and catch up with each other! I've missed that!

Here are the rules to receiving this award:
1. You have to pass it on to 5 other fabulous bloggers in a post.
2. You have to list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
3. You must copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post.
Instructions: On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them.

I know I will have duplicates because so many people in my blog-o-sphere have been nominated and I question the boy's blogs doing it!


1. Scott and Brooklyn at Scott and Brooklyn. These are my two favorite people in the world and I love being able to go see the new shows they make together. It so nice to see the relationship between them, the laughter they share and it's a blessing to be able to preserve that with technology. My favorite blog ever!

2. Melissa at Trinity Hope Gingerich. I know Melissa has been nominated but I am doing it again because I truly love reading her blog. Melissa is absolutely my sister in every sense of the word. Melissa and I grew up together. She taught me so much of those sister things from how to use a diffuser on my hair dryer to talks about boys, those lessons about strength and how to ride a four wheeler. We both have little girls now and it's just so nice to be able to keep up with her and her and the rest of the "siblings"!

3. April at The Stilwell Family. April was one of my best friends from about 1st grade till my freshman year of high school when I moved to Bedford. We had lost touch but because of the blog have gotten back up to date with each other and our families! We even got together twice over Thanksgiving this year. It was so neat to see our children playing together when it seems like yesterday we were those children!

4. Abbie at Rise to find the sun. Abbie and I went to North Daviess together. Her blog has been a new find for me but it's been so nice to read. Abbie seems to be going through my exact life from 4 years ago. Even though I too made a choice to end my marriage it was so difficult and I can relate to all her feelings. I am reminded of how far I have come since I made that decision although it did take a lot of therapy :) I should send Abbie some encouraging messages because through reading her blog I can tell she is making choices with the best of intentions for her little boy and I know she has the strength to overcome this!

5. CJ at Idiotblog. CJ is the manager of the recording studio that Scott works at most of the time. While CJ is a great friend to Scott, I find that he, his wife Julie and their son George have become family friends of ours as well! I love reading CJ's blog and he is the reason I even wanted to start a blog. His blog always makes me laugh and helps me not take life so seriously.

So, Here are my 5 addictions.

1. Scott and Brooklyn- I can't get enough of them. No matter what we are doing, my favorite time is just being with them.

2. I am absolutely a Young and the Restless junkie like Sue. I record it everyday and can't wait to watch it when I get home. I have watched this show since I was a little girl. I LOVE it.

3. Magazines. Cosmo, food and cooking, shameful celebrity gossip magazines. ..... whatever, I love them.

4. Lists. I make them for everything, goals, to-do lists, grocery shopping, clothes shopping, wish lists. I probably make an average of 3 lists a day.

5. Cooking. I love everything about it. Making the grocery list, preparing the food, the stress relief I get from starting and finishing a task, the delight of eating it, sharing it. It's a favorite hobby.

2 comments:

CJ Sorg said...

Uh-oh! I've been tagged! AMBER ALERT!

CJ Sorg said...

...and the delayed response:
via the idiotblog.