Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oh, Goodness Gracious!

I am sitting here with a glass of wine, a cake fresh out of the oven and typing this blog with Plant in Peril on. I am so glad to be relaxing. I am not kidding when I say I may actually eat the entire cake by myself......I feel it could go either way. This week hasn't at all been bad. This week has been EXHAUSTING, however. Work is the real source of my exhaustion.....that and nature. :) This is the second year for me to deal with "End of year" stuff at work but I feel like this year is more stressful and it doesn't help that I am quite hormonal this week. :) Aside from cooking dinner, I have spent most of this week on the couch once I have gotten home.....sounds nice, right? Nope, because I feel I have wasted the week. I am not going to let it ruin the rest of my week though. I need to give a special thanks to Scott. He is always so helpful to me during times like these. Twice this week we have called on each other for support and we have been there for each other. That always makes me feel loved, needed and helpful. Times like this though, the times I could suck it up and quit being lazy, these are the times where I want to say, THANK YOU! Thank you for letting me be lazy. Thank you for letting me have my days. You improve the quality of my life and I love you!

I wish you all could be watching Planet in Peril right now. It is amazing. I am amazed at Shell gasoline, the lead poisoning in Peru, the virus exchange that will birth our new pandemic. I am amazed. Once I am finished with school I think it would be wonderful to work on the virus exchange! We can all do something to make our world a better place! An idea I have for the "green" people reading or even those who aren't: Christmas wrapping can be such a time of waste. Paper, ribbons, cards, plastic. I'm trying to do my part with recycling but here is an idea for Christmas presents I am going to try. Instead of wrapping in paper, go to the store and pick up some fabrics and wrap your gifts in those, tie ribbons you can reuse in your daughters hair or on another gift. Once the presents are unwrapped, take those fabrics and sew them together to make a Christmas quilt!! What a memory for those mom's out there! What a gift to give your little ones one day. If you don't feel like keeping them, donate them to charity or sell them! I hope you all think about it!
Well, Brooklyn got a hair cut! This is her first big cut! I'm glad she likes it. She would prefer it long but I remember when I cut my long hair in grade school and just cried and cried! She is at least okay with it until it grows out. I think she looks wonderful.
I have joined a website called Momslikeme.com. It's a site to connect, share stories, recipes, thoughts, anything with other moms in your area. Look it up as it might be in your neighborhood. We have mommy meet ups and play groups too. I just wanted to mention it!
I also wanted to mention Wild Aid. Sharks are my favorite and this is an organization that is out to help them. Did you know that every species of shark has declined by more than 50% in the last 15 years!?! It saddens me that so few know the seriousness of this. I say this just to encourage you all to find an organization doing something you care about and get involved.
Tomorrow I am headed to volunteer at B's school and then I am going to finish my Christmas shopping. I can't wait. I doubt I will actually finish but I am being optimistic :) I hope to get close though. I also want to head to a coffee shop and just sit for awhile. I need some time outside of my office and my home!
Here is a pic from our popcorn stringing this past weekend.....and my favorite pic of the Christmas tree celebration!




No comments: