Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Another one bites the dust.

Well, they say the come in threes right? Let's try 4. What am I talking about you ask? Home appliances and other "housewares". Today I will bidding farewell to my old coffee pot. I can't say I will miss it although I did love the insulated carafe! It's kind of given me fits since the beginning however. The very first time I used the thing I ended up having to move my stove to clean behind and underneath it. Let's just say a lot of coffee has been wasted by that thing. It's been around for almost 7 years but in coffee years, that's old and now it's done. So pre-christmas expenses I don't want to have-1, Amber - 0. Not too bad right? Well, let's go back a bit. A few weeks back I noticed my cooking pan was starting to get a "hot" spot. Sadly, I have been dealing with it for too long and have grown exhausted by the number of "mishaps" my little pan is giving me. I could go buy a cheapy but I love to cook and I need a good pan. Boo for old pans and the expense of a good new one! Score: Expenses-2 and Amber-0. What is number 3? Knives....or should I say shredding sticks? I was trying to cut up some juicy and delicious chicken breast last night but I realized you can't do that with a shredder. How did I not notice this before?? Ugh......Score: 3-0. Now to #4. The ever important, much needed sweeper! After losing a bit of suction and a bad odor, I realized my 10 year old sweeper needed to go. I was annoyed but actually excited. I really do like sweeping. It's instant clean gratification. So, I imagined that I would eventually make the purchase but could get by until after the holidays. Well, while in Indiana, my brother got a new job and will be traveling all the time. This means, he doesn't need his sweeper! So.......... ta da! New sweeper!!! SADLY though, my wonderful guy bought me a FANTASTIC new sweeper as a surprise!!!! I say sadly in the fact that we decided to take it back and use the hand me down until it dies! It was bittersweet. He knows me so well!!! I am hoping this stays at 4. I am ignoring the smell coming from the dryer until further notice. :)
On a high note, I'm so happy to be home. I love my family so much!!! We've been enjoying being back and really having a nice time doing nothing!!! Saturday when we arrived home, we all made our Christmas lists and then read them out loud. It's become a fun tradition. Brooklyn decided we should then all get up a second time while we clapped for each other. It was very funny and Brooklyn even took a bow!
Well, here are a few pics from the trip again and then the ones from our list reading! Scott's picture is him actually recreating his list reading after B went to bed. It turns out that Brooklyn got a close up of his face.....a real close up. So I retook it!! I'm trying to catch up with the pictures.....now let's see if it works!






1 comment:

April Stilwell said...

DUDE!!!!!! A warning to all your readers. I am really not that fat. Your camera seriously added about 20lbs. Or do I really look like that????? Maybe you should add your camera to expense #5. HAHAHAHAH