Sunday, November 30, 2008

We're Back!



So we finally made it home from almost a week in Indiana! Brooklyn went up on Sunday to stay with my mom and I joined them on Tuesday. Like everyones holiday, ours was BUSY! I arrived feeling a bit under the weather but nothing too bad. I decided to head to the pharmacy to pick up some OTC meds and cough drops though. When I got to Mom's Brooklyn showed me her beautiful smile....minus 1 tooth! This is her 3rd one so far. Wednesday I woke up feeling awful but truly felt better as the day went on. Brooklyn and I met up with one of my best friends from grade/middle school and her children. We hadn't seen each other in years and of course, never met each others children. Parker and Brooklyn made stuffed animals at Build a Bear which I'm convinced were filled with gold considering the price. We hit up Subway later and I got to talk with April's mom! I am sure I was 14 the last time I saw her. Thanksgiving night I went to April's mom's for some more reminiscing with April and another grade/middle school friend I hadn't got to see in years. I am so thankful for this time as these girls were once so close to me and it was great to catch up. It's also nice just to talk to another mom your own age and with the same ideas on raising children! I was a little bummed we didn't get to play catch phrase though! Wednesday night my family had dinner at mom's. I will have to say that cold came in handy because I really didn't overeat the whole trip and I got about 10 hours sleep each night!! Thursday I had to drive mom to the airport as she was headed to Florida to finish up her holiday. I like when we get moments alone to just chat so the ride was nice. I also got a new stack of magazines from her to bring home! On my way back from the airport I jetted over to my ex-in laws and got to have dinner with their family and of course my favorite person, Brooklyn. I'm blessed to have a good relationship with them that it was possible to do that. Friday I went to visit one of my best friends, Carter, and get my hair chopped off. I'm happy I did but it is pretty short. Scott said he really loved it though! After that I met my friend Ang for lunch and then headed to my other best friend, Jessica's, to spend the night. Jessica, her husband and her son had just picked up their Christmas tree so we started the evening listening to Christmas music and decorating the tree. We finished the night by playing every sport on the Wii! It was a lot of fun. Jess made breakfast the next morning so I lounged enjoying my last day of not cooking and relaxing! At noon I picked up my baby and we headed back to Nashville.
Scott was in Ohio the whole week so it was definitely a bittersweet holiday but I am so thankful for the trip. I had been needing some friend time and boy did I get it! I also wish Brooklyn and I could have enjoyed Thanksgiving with the Velazco's because we haven't been able to see them for awhile.
Scott woke up early so he could be home by the time we got home! I am truly lucky to have such a great guy who loves Brooklyn and I so much! Oh, and June!!! Scott and June went to Ohio together and from what I hear, she was a trooper. Scott says she did well but it was good for her to get home. Lesson: June doesn't like the car!
I am so glad we are all home now. It was wonderful waking up with June at my feet, Scott next to me and B asking if she could watch cartoons!
This silly thing isn't letting me upload photos again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will post soon!

No comments: