Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday Sharing

Last night Scott and I decided to sit down and watch "The Last Lecture". For those of you reading I highly suggest doing the same. It's and hour and sixteen minutes in length and completely worth every minute. For those of you who don't know about Randy Pausch here are the basics: Randy was a computer science professor at Carnegie Mellon University who found out he was dying of pancreatic cancer. "The Last Lecture" was exactly that although it technically wasn't the last time he spoke in front of people. It was the idea of, If you had one last lecture, what would it be. Randy Pausch died last night. This wasn't about religion, death or cancer.....you'll just have to watch it if you want to hear it. So there you have it. I had a lump in my throat an hour after watching this video. Humans are incredible creatures and I've always felt you can learn something from everyone, even if it's the characteristics you don't want to have yourself. I think I learned a lot from watching that lecture and I really haven't processed it all. That's the beauty of opening yourself up to what other people can teach. It evokes emotions, challenges thought and creates change. If you decide not to watch, I would just say this. Look at the people in your life and learn something.
Well, today my mom is coming to visit. I'm pretty excited as I think we are going to head to the Belle Meade Plantation for a tour of the mansion and grounds. My mom really enjoys this kind of thing and since the Plantation is very near my house, it's something I can take her to. Brooklyn is pretty pumped too but not for the same reason. Like any little girl does, she loves her Granny and there is a special bond there. Mom will be down until Friday but some of that time Brooklyn and her will be in Knoxville visiting some extended family. Hopefully we will get enough time to do some other things though. B wants to take her Granny to the pottery painting place so I'm sure we will go there.
Happy Sunday all!

No comments: