Friday, July 18, 2008

So emotional

I miss Scott. At any moment I should be getting a text from him telling me he's on his was home. I haven't been this excited to see Scott since.......yesterday. :) This week has been one of the most emotional and exhausting weeks I have had as a mother and sadly Scott has had to work everyday since the surgery. I'm so glad he's working but I have to admit I was aching for him to have a day off. I need him. I'm also thankful to be able to say that. I think it's good to be able to make it and survive on your own but it's also amazing to be with someone who makes you feel not that you're surviving but truly living when you're with them. Scott's that for me. Brooklyn's that for me.
Brooklyn is doing better today. This week the pain my child has endured has sent me to tears on more than one occasion. To see your child in pain, the worst pain you've ever seen them in, it takes years off your mental stability. Age no longer matters, I'm sure you'll get a brain disorder at least 10 years earlier with each "episode". Brooklyn has spent a lot of time rolling around holding her throat and crying in pain. She's going through that pain where she wants me to touch her and then she doesn't. The narcotics she's on make her have night terrors that I can't seem to calm her down from and she wakes up in pain at least 3 times a night. She has two medications she has to take. One every 4 hours and one every 8 hours. Aside from the fact that this causes us both to get up 3 times during the night it also increases the chances that I will accidently overdose my aching daughter. I'm setting alarms, keeping charts and making lists....I still have to go over which medication I should give her every time I hear the bells ding. We're all alive here so I'm thankful for that!!! Brooklyn has truly been such an inspiration and sweetheart through this all though. She is such a perfect spirit. So like I said, today was our best day. Brooklyn was actually up and active. She painted pictures, colored and ate "healthy" food. She even played the guitar and sang three songs to me.
I'm pretty sure Brooklyn has lost at least 5 pounds in the last week. For a 40 pound 6 (on August 30th) year old, 5 pounds drops her into the heavy toddler range....or as I refer to her now....a teacup princess. I've always called her a princess and when she was in the hospital, being wheeled around with her tiara on, everyone saw she was a little princess too.....so now, it's my teacup princess.
Scott just got home and I have to see my babe! I will update more soon.

No comments: