Wednesday, July 23, 2008

July!!!

So this month seems to have been filled to the brim. I'm actually surprised we fit it all in and the month still isn't over. I wish I could have updated with a more organized blog today but I am just going to squeeze in all the things that July has brought to us. Brooklyn lost her first tooth. It was the very first tooth she ever got. It's amazing how fast she is growing up. To remember the feeling of excitement when that tooth came in and now the excitement of loosing it ..... how quick time flys. I need a pause button.
We spent the 4th at a friends house this year. While we wanted to take Brooklyn to see the BIG fireworks in Nashville, several factors helped us decide that it might be better to brave the crowds next year. I wasn't really bummed as we had a good time cooking out, playing cards, frisbee and setting off a few fireworks of our own. It's always nice to enjoy things when Brooklyn is comfortable and she was so mission accomplished.
Brooklyn's surgery came soon after and that, as I'm sure you've read previously, was a roller coaster. I'm so happy that we are over that hump. Brooklyn is doing soooooo much better. It's pretty much the same old Brooklyn minus the snore. I knew before the surgery that I would miss that sound and I do! It's better for her but more anxiety for me! I use to be able to tell that Brooklyn was sleeping even if I was on the porch playing music and a jet were flying over....now, I lean over her, put my hand in front of her nose and watch to see if her chest raises! After Brooklyn seemed to be doing better, I decided to get back into action with my babe. Monday we went to Brushfire, a paint your own pottery studio here in town. We had a lot of fun and I'm sure Brooklyn was excited to be back in the land of the living. Tuesday Scott, Brooklyn and I went to see Wall-E. Besides the Tookerton crying the entire time over her unending fear that Wall-E was about to blown up at any minute by his robot love, we had a great time! Scott and I really enjoyed the movie and Brooklyn probably did too...she's just soft hearted. So sweet!
This week is starting a new list of things to fit into July. My mom will be down on Sunday and staying through the week. She and B will be taking a trip over to Knoxville to visit other family while I work Mon-Thurs. They will head back here to visit and then Mom is taking Brooklyn back to Indiana Friday to drop her off with a visit to her other grandparents. I'm going to go to Indiana the next Thursday and then we'll head back to TN to prepare for Brooklyn's first day of 1st grade. I need more tissues.

This video is just some clips from the month in order...bringing us all up to speed!

No comments: