Friday, January 16, 2009

It's not a snow day, it's a cold day!

This week Brooklyn and I have been having a lot of fun around the house although we haven't done a whole lot. We all love playing Cadoo so that has been a nightly event. Besides that it's really just been the usual house cleaning, cooking, homework, reading Junie B. Jones books and the other little day to day things. Brooklyn doesn't watch tv during the week so she's usually playing on her leapster, coloring, painting or keeping herself occupied while I am getting dinner ready. My normal daily background music is Dylan. I don't know how many albums are on the IPOD but there are enough to keep me listening all night. I've noticed Brooklyn singing along while playing doing other things and the other night Scott heard her too. I am sure my mom felt the same way I did when she would hear me singing along to Patsy Cline. It's just sweet. Well, on top of singing, Brooklyn has taken to dancing to Bob as well. While cleaning B decided to take to the kitchen and play in the sink. She actually "prepared dinner" and decorated the table for us. Here are some pics I took this week.




This weekend should be a little busy. Brooklyn's school got cancelled because it's cold. (All of those in Indiana and Ohio still going to school in temperatures with a negative sign in front, I'm sorry). Monday is MLK day which mean B and I both have the day off making it a four day weekend! Scott has Sat. and Sun. off which one day we will be taking B to Grimey's record store. She has a gift card from Ben and Katie we have been waiting to use and now is the perfect time. B got an ipod over Christmas so she'll be able to put her purchases on there too.
Along with that card, Scott's mom also got her a giftcard to Target. I heard they have toys half off so I plan on dropping by to let her pick out some more stuff.
Earlier this week Brooklyn fell off some equipment on the playground and came home very sore. She hit her back which knocked the wind out of her. I gave her some tylenol and monitored her but didn't take her to the Dr. Today she is still complaining when she bends over or turns a certain way so I plan on getting her checked out.
Sunday is of course, football Sunday. Sadly both our teams are out but it's still exciting to see the last games of the season and prep for the Superbowl.
The rest of the weekend will be the usual house things, errands and things. After the extra long weekend it's the PRESIDENTIAL INAUGURATION! So excited.
Happy Friday all!

No comments: