Saturday, February 7, 2009

Goodness

Well, I didn't get to update when I said but by now you all must understand that this is common. Anyway, let's begin the blog o' goodness. For starters, today has been wonderful. I woke up after 10 hours of sleep!!! Yes, 10! Seriously, am I in college again? Anyway, I woke up rested and immediately went to the kitchen to make my decaf coffee. As some of you know, I'm a big ole quitter. I was once a smoker, no more. A soda drinker, no more. A caffeine addict, no more. I could tell you some others but we will stop there. Just know I'm fine tuning. As a result of my hormones freaking out, I decided it would be best to try and naturally balance myself. Hormone replacement therapy isn't all that good on your body and definitely isn't a long term fix. So, I quit caffeine in my quest for balance. So far, so GOOD! I can't begin to tell you the world of difference I have seen. The stress, chronic worry, anxiety has almost been zapped and my face is clearing up quite well. I have felt a happiness in myself that I accepted belonged to childhood. I have felt joy! Belly laugh joy! It's been awesome to feel this kind of relief from my fearful, anxious mind.
Oh, think goodness, right?
On to the next. This week I made it into my dermatologist office for a look at a mole I have had forever. I won't get too graphic but I will say that although I though it as no big deal, my gynecologist felt otherwise. I have to admit that the black, oddly shaped and surfaced spot on my leg did not look right but I remember the day it showed up and I didn't feel it necessary to have looked at. Long story short, here I am in the derm's office explaining my "no big deal" mole while she's telling my she needs to cut it off and sent out for a biopsy. How in the world does the hypochondriac girl never have this looked at in 10 years? Who knows? How does she not freak out now? Who knows. Well, good news! The biopsy came back and I am A-OK. It was a blue nevus mole. It looks like a blue freckle now and is perfectly normal. Whew!
Moving on again. I have been trying to finish school for what seems to be forever now. I have been through the ups and downs of financial aid and can tell you that it has, at times, crushed me to not be able to get back in there and finish my degree. Well, I have started getting my financial aid info back and so far, I already have a grant that covers half of my schooling! Hooray! Hallelujah. Woo Hoo.I am so excited to finally be planning my class schedules and can't wait to see if I get more. Considering that was a state grant, I am hopeful that I will be getting federal grants to cover the rest. Free!? The way education should be.
Last on the blessing bandwagon is our taxes. Since Scott is technically "self employed" as a recording engineer, paying taxes in an understatement. This past year we have been abundantly blessed with the amount of work he has had but that struck fear once tax season approached since we hadn't done proper planning for this day. I am happy to say, I think we are going to be alright! :)
So, THINK GOODNESS. It's been so peaceful to be thinking so positively this week. Blessings all around.
To update you on our days, Scott and I went shopping at Trader Joe's Friday. We browsed with a sweet tooth craving forever and came home with animal crackers and strawberry licorice. I'd say we fought temptation pretty well. Brooklyn had a friend over last night. Today I made pancakes for B and Scott before Scott had to head to work. Brooklyn and I headed to Target so I could pick up a few things. Before we left B took a bath and when I went in to was her hair she exclaimed "Wow Mom, you're beautiful! You look prettier than Belle!" Talk about feeling good!!!! Belle is B's favorite princess so I felt awesome! While at Target B got some new paint markers and I got a quesadilla maker. Yea! The weather has been wonderful so B and I sat on the porch. I read my book while Brooklyn painted with her markers. It's been a great day.
I also have to send a VERY, VERY special congratulations out to my friend Sarah on her pregnancy. I am so thrilled for her and her family. I know they are too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad all these positive things are happening to you. I can't believe you had a mole that long and didn't get it checked out but thankfully it was nothing serious. And yey for being okay on taxes. That is so stressful. Brooklyn is so cute and I can tell she makes your day everyday.
Also thanks for including me in your blog, we are so excited. Keep us in your thought and prayers:)

Lou said...

Hey, Girl! It's been a LONG time since i've seen you! Remember me? That Nutty "older":( sister of sweet Shirley? When your daughter's picture popped up on the screen, my mind went back in time to those days when Shirley's long gray sedan would pull up in front of Mom's, the four (although it seemed like 10!:) doors would open up and out fell hundreds of kids, you among them! Those were the days!I still miss my sis!Especially on Jan. 3rd, the b-day I shared with her.She was an angel on earth and now she is one in heaven! Love reading your stories!

Amber Velazco said...

Lou!!!! I hope you see this because it wouldn't let me reply to you directly. Do I remember you? I still think of you as family! Of course I do!!!! I am so blessed to have started this blog and gotten in touch with both Sue and now you!!! I think of you all often. I have been keeping up with Andre' and Alexs' families and I love getting to see pics of you and Marv still in the house I remember playing in! I am so glad you left a comment. I'd love to hear how you are doing.