Saturday, October 11, 2008

Tagged and other random information.

Fall break is here! I can't believe the first nine weeks is over already! Brooklyn is growing up so fast and each day it seems to speed up. She is doing wonderful in school. I have a parent teacher conference on the 23rd so I will be updated a little more in depth but her teacher has been telling me great things so far.
Brooklyn had a dentist appointment Thursday and the dentist said her teeth still look great and to keep up the good work. She got to pick out a new princess toothbrush and toothpaste as well as getting stickers and a balloon. Brooklyn always feels so proud of herself when she goes to the dentist. It's very sweet to see her gain confidence from her own actions and to know she sees the direct connection.
Today we're going to get some pumpkins to carve once Scott gets home from work. I also need take my car for an emissions test but the only locations open today are pretty far away so we may have to wait till Monday. Indiana didn't do emissions testing so it's something I usually forget about. Sadly, my paper plate expires Tues so I have to get over there and get it done. I may try and get over to the polls as well for early voting. I've never voted early before but seeing as how this election is extremely important, I want to make sure I get my vote in!!! Hopefully you all are registered and informed so you can also get your votes in!! Whatever your choice is just make sure you've done your research and are casting YOUR vote for YOUR candidate, not the media's or friends or anyone else's.

So to end, I've been hit. I was tagged to list 6 random things about myself and then to tag 6 other people to do the same. This is going to be difficult seeing how everyone has pretty much been tagged so far! Here are my facts though:

1. I had a pretty rough pregnancy with B. I was diagnosed with preeclampsia in my second trimester and put on bed rest at 5 months. This disorder is the leading cause of death for mothers and infants so it was quite scary. Although I didn't realize how bad it was at the time. My doctor explained it to me in the sense that your body is rejected the baby the same way it rejects organ transplants at times. Although it was a difficult pregnancy and I had her early, my labor was wonderful and I have a healthy little girl!

2. I'm going back to school to finish my degree in Medical Laboratory Science and couldn't be more excited to do so.

3. I was hit by a car while sitting on my couch watching tv. It seems some men were being chased by the police and missed the curve. I still get nervous when I hear screeching tires!!

4. I love researching just about anything. I love learning so I could spend hours researching things, I just can't remember all of it!!

5. I have started saying things like "Brooklyn take your clothes to the trash can." The same thing I liked to tease my mom about.

6. I have a large tattoo on my back. It's our family motto you could say. It says "Be good to each other" and has two birds on each side that symbolize finding a true love and home. I've had several people make comments on it and it makes me feel good that it can be a reminder to others.

Since most have been tagged, I can only tag two. They are April S and Sarah S.

No comments: