Friday, October 24, 2008

On a Roll....or should I say HONOR ROLL!

Can you guess what B did? Yes, she made the Honor Roll! I'm so proud of her. Brooklyn is the youngest in her class and is one of the smartest from what I'm told! Thursday I had a parent teacher conference and was updated with all the progress. Her teacher said that 1st graders should be reading between a 6 and a 10. Brooklyn is reading on a 12!! I'm so proud of her. She is such a great little girl. Today was awards day so I got to go to the school and see Brooklyn get her ribbons, one for the Honor Roll and one for The Homework Club. That means she turned all her homework each and every time and on time as well. This is only the first 9 weeks and school is something that you have to keep up with but I am just so proud right now. I've mentioned before that I was nervous about B starting school so early so this is just reassurance for me that she is doing well! After school I told B that she deserved a special surprise and asked her what she thought would be a surprise she deserved. Her answer: a fridge for her bedroom and a flat screen tv!!!!!!!!????? Seriously? I wanted Barbies when I was 6. Flat Screen didn't even become a part of my vocabulary until last year it seems like. I laughed my head off. My surprise was ice cream!! I think our ideas were a little different.
As for the rest of the week, it's been pretty busy but very good. B and I went to Michael's craft store Thursday night and looked around. I was browsing the scrap books because I would like to make one for B this year. I hate that I haven't done that yet!!! Hopefully I will get myself caught up! I won't stress though.
This week I've been trying to catch up on deep cleaning. The dreaded housework of moving furniture and cleaning underneath, cleaning toys, scrubbing places you didn't know existed in your home. Ugh. I feel like I have cleaned so much but my house looks exactly the same! I have so much more to do but I have the weekend and am deciding to enjoy the ability to do a little each day. Scott is working a big stretch until Nov. so I have the evenings to fill!
My mom is coming to visit next weekend so B is counting down the days for that. She should be here on Halloween and will get to trick or treat with us! We're going to a friends Subdivision to walk around. We'll just park in their drive and then walk around which will be so much easier than what we did last year. Plus, it's the house of one of B's best friends so she will get to see her too! Brooklyn is going to be a kitty this year. She has leopard kitty ears so I'm semi making this years costume to match the ears. I bought her a black turtleneck and black pants which I plan on trimming with a leopard print fabric I need to buy. The neck, shirt cuffs and bottoms of the pants I plan to trim with the fabric. I'd also like to make leopard print booties to cover her shoes. We'll see how it turns out. I'm not the most excelled in that department!
All in all, it's been a really great week. I'm feeling healthier. I've actually gotten back to doing my yoga each morning the last 2 weeks. Now I just need to remember my vitamins everyday....I forget those all the time!

No comments: