Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A melting pot of updates.

This weekend is our family trip to Ohio and I should be packing right now....or putting away laundry, cleaning the house, getting food in order, pretty much anything but this. However, we had a luncheon at work today and the theme was ecuadorian dishes. Being the lover of food that I am, I had to try it. Lesson learned for the day: Ecuadorian food is not your friend. I am sitting here with no energy, no supper and no desire to have either. I could go to bed right now and be fine.
Anyway, back to our trip. We don't leave until early (like 5 am) on Friday but I have to work tomorrow, pick up the rental car, pack, go to the grocery store and make our food for the trip. Whew. I'm hoping to make food for the trip there and back. I hate going on trips and feeling horrible from the fast food so we're trying to stay healthy. The weekend is going to be super busy as we will only be there till Sunday. Friday will be spent at Scott's parents house visiting with them and our distant Napoleon. Sat. we are getting up early to head to Cedar Point for a fun filled day with our friends William and Mandy and Williams son. Sunday we will be with Scott's family again to have the traditional Sunday lunch at our favorite restaurant in Marion (House of Hunan) and then back on the road to Nashville. Brooklyn starts dance camp that Monday so besides taking her there and picking her up, I will be spending a lazy day at home.
This week Brooklyn has been at cheer camp. The first day I picked her up she was on top of the pyramid and it was so cute. She's such a wonderful little girl and she just shines when she's smiling. It was a great moment but it's still hard to see her growing up so fast. This morning I woke up to Brooklyn crying in her sleep. I went in and laid with her, calmed her down and waited to leave until she was peacefully asleep. When she woke up she said her dream was that she went to a party with her Aunt Haylee and they took Rudolph with them. When they walked in, everyone ran up and hugged Rudolph and not her. :( She cried as she told me and it was so sad but so cute. Needless to say, she was tired today and camp wasn't as fun. Brooklyn tends to get quite sensitive when she's tired!
Scott has been working long hours this week. We've been really lucky this last year as his work has been full but the hours have allowed him to be home with us a lot too. This week is the first real week that he hasn't been home to go to bed with me. We're thankful for the work though. I know I'm not directly in the music industry but knowing what I do from Scott, I feel like we're lucky for what we have and should appreciate that. There are a lot of people that would love to be where Scott is and to have him making a living, supporting a family doing what he loves is truly a blessing.

No comments: