Friday, April 3, 2009

Bliss

I can't begin to tell you about the bliss in my life. I can't even tell you without feeling guilty. Why, because I'm affected by misfortune and because I feel pain for ones I don't even know. But, today, I am choosing to let you in on a good story. I'm sharing a piece of happiness. I'm choosing to share because I talked to my friend Jennifer last night and she reminded me that I should never feel bad for feeling this happiness. She said I have went through the worst of times and that I should only feel blessed. So today, I am sharing my blessings. I am in love, hopelessly in love with a man who has taught me more about morals and truth and understanding than the world's history could ever teach me. He is my lover, my friend, my partner, my dream. I don't know where you all are in your relationships but I will say this: If you are in between, if you are questioning if this is what love is really like, you aren't where I am. I have been with Scott for almost 3 years now and I know that some of you have been through many more years and you might be sitting back saying, "Just wait, it won't always be this good" but I choose to say you that isn't true. My days get better each day. We have bad days but even our worst days are better than my best days I had before him. I choose to believe that we will continue to work as hard for each other as we do now. I know we will because we work harder today then we did before and we enjoy it. It's not 50/50 here, it's 100/100. We work, hard. We love, fully. We give, endlessly and we understand, completely. I know life changes and times get tough but I know I love this man so much that I will work hard to overcome whatever life hands us and I will love him fully. I will love him the way he deserves to be loved because, dangit, he's an awesome man.
I haven't been blogging much because life has just taken me away. We have enjoyed so much this month. It's hard to find the time to get on here to post. But I will say that Brooklyn is doing splendid. She pretty well aced her report card this month, is close to losing her third tooth, expecting another visit from her Granny and her Uncle Toby today and loving life. She is the joy of my mornings, noon and nights. She is far surpassing everything I knew at 6 and is doing it with such ease. Brooklyn has blossomed so much this month. It's almost like she has found another piece of herself. I love watching her grow into a little lady.
As for me, I'm working, getting things ready to start school soon. I can't wait to finish! I just want to be back in a hospital. I just purchased a new computer today. This household has 3 mac's and yes, Brooklyn is a mac owner at 6 years old. I was 20 when I got my first computer! I'm enjoying my family so much. Scott's brother just moved to Lexington so we're already planning a day trip to see him. I just booked our Disney vacation and we're hoping to get to Ohio soon to see the other half of our family (Scott's side- the Velazco's) I sure miss them and really want to see how Grandpa Graham is doing. I really love life and all it has to offer. I hope you are all feeling the same.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love reading your story. I am so happy that you have found this type of love. It is amazing when you find "the one".