Monday, September 29, 2008

Quickness.....

Just a very quick note to let you all know what's been going on in the Query-Velazco home. This month has been exhausting with it's highs and lows. Around the 10th of the month Scott, B and I went to Indiana to purchase our new car. We bought a Toyota Corolla and couldn't be happier with it. I have only tested the mileage from Indiana to Tennessee which is comprised of both highway and city miles and our gas mileage is about 35 mpg. Thank goodness!! Considering we our families live in Ohio and Indiana this is a welcomed perk to our little Toyota.
We drove to Indiana and back home on that Sat. and the following Wednesday I found out that a close friend had died. Not to go into a lot of detail but this was a person I had to mourn on different levels. He was my best friends brother, an ex boyfriend and a friend. His family is an extension of my own and it has been a difficult loss. Scott has been amazing and sadly, I haven't been my best. Like I said, it's been difficult. So Thurs. through Sat. I was back in Indiana and spent that time with my friend Jess and her family. Included, of course, was the viewing and funeral. It was exhausting in every way. Once back in Tn I had a friends bridal shower to attend and quality time with my visiting cousin to squeeze in. I wasn't the best company but I'm glad I was able to fulfill all of my commitments.
Now it's back to everyday life. Scott, B and I had a great weekend! Friday we went for coffee with friends, took B to the playroom, had dinner with different friends and played some Yatzee! Saturday the Hindu temple across the street had an Indian Festival so we took B over to bounce in the bounce house and for a tour of the temple. I wish I would have thought to bring more money because they had a lot of Indian skirts I would have loved to buy. Sunday I took a much needed 3 hour nap and Scott and I watched the Titans play a pretty game.
Tonight B brought home her books she bought from the bookfair. She was very excited and so was I. It's nice to get books at such a good price and B loves to read. I've been reading to her every night since she was in my belly so it's nice to have new things to read as well. Scott and B set down and did her homework together. (something he likes to do with her when he isn't at work) We all set down for a game, or 10 of Hungry Hungry Hippos. Once in bed we read the first chapter of one of B's new books and did site words.
Now Scott and I are relaxing and getting ready to watch Scrubs. I love days like these. Days where we just get to enjoy each other and be a family. Scott just got back from grabbing Sonic so we can snack on some late night "bad food". So I hope you are all having a great week. It's time to go and enjoy the rest of the evening.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. Next time your up and have time, give me a call or stop by.

Love, Melissa

Sue said...

It sounds like B has a great mom! Really sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. God bless.

Sue